Do we know how music affects our body, in our day to day or in the world around us?
If you are reading this article, I imagine that you are as passionate about music as we are. It doesn't matter if you like indie more, the rock, classical music, national bands or international bands, we all have something in common; music. But, Do we know how music affects our body, in our day to day or in the world around us? In this article we are going to tell you curiosities about music in general that you probably do not know.!
15 curiosities about music
- Listening to music is one of the few activities that involves the use of all parts of our brain.
- When listening to music, your heart modifies its beat to try to imitate the rhythm of the music you listen to.
- Do you know that all day having a song playing in our head and not being able to stop it?? This phenomenon is known as "musical worm".
- When listening to rock or pop our physical resistance can increase a 15%.
- When we listen to music, dopamine is released in our brain, like when you take drugs, you have sex or you eat.
- Music can help us in our reasoning processes and significantly improves the motor areas of our brain. That is why it is believed that music arose to "help us all move together".
- Research has shown that what we feel when we listen to a song is very similar to what other people in the same place are experiencing. (That's where we make so many friends at concerts!).
- Music listened to is stored in different brain areas than memories, this is why people with Alzheimer's are able to remember melodies from their past.
- Listening to loud music can cause us to drink drinks more quickly in less time. Now we understand why the music is so loud in the clubs.
- Playing a musical instrument can improve verbal communication.
- Flowers can grow faster if there is music around them.
- The kind of music we like at the age of 20 years is usually the type of music that we will like the rest of our lives.
- Babies learn the meaning of emotions in music earlier than the meaning of words.
- The way we conceive the world is influenced by the type of music we listen to.
- And to finish…. Do you know that when unloading the toilet cistern, in most toilets, give an E flat?
These are our curiosities, and you, do you know any more?